Drinking is something that is usually associated with things that aren’t beneficial to the body. This is probably a misconception that many people have because drinking actually has its benefits as compared to those beliefs. That is the reason why you should probably think twice before considering to completely quit drinking. In this article, we are going to take a look at some of the reasons why drinking actually helps your exercise efforts. Drinking actually has benefits when it is combined with exercise and not done alone. People that combine drinking and exercise have an appreciable effect on their cholesterol, blood glucose, triglycerides, or levels of inflammatory markers like C-reactive protein.
Wine and beer consumption create endorphins that motivate us to work out
It is common to find people yearning for a cold beer after working out. This is because beer or wine are known to release endorphins into the brain that people can use as some sort of reward or appreciation for their exercise. This encourages people subconsciously to go to the gym with the reward of having a beer or wine after the workout.
Wine can help burn the fat and keep it off
Wines are made with grapes, which contain ellagic acid, that is responsible for the slowing down of the growth of existing fat cells and the formation of new ones, boosting metabolism of fatty acids in liver cells. Despite slowing down the growth of fat, ellagic acid doesn’t burn fat, and that is where exercises come in.
The Best In-Ground Basketball Hoops
There are many games or sporting events that people can combine with wine or beer t their benefit depending on their preference. Basketball is one of those games that people can use, and the reason why we are now going to review in-ground basketball hoops in a bid to find the best in ground basketball hoop.
Goalrilla GS with Tempered Glass Backboard
This basketball hoop is durable and comes with tempered glass backboards, DuPont powder coating, welded steel poles, amongst other features. Some of the other features include:
- 60” x 38” backboard with aluminum frame
- 3/8” thick tempered glass backboard
- 6”x6” steel pole
- 3’ overhang (distance between the backboard and the pole)
- Goal height adjusts from 7.5’ to 10’
- Anchor kit included, and it is installed in-ground with cement
- Limited Lifetime Warranty that includes the glass
- Pro-Style breakaway rim included
- Comes with a strong and stable square base.
- Has a powerful rebound because of the 3/8-inch tempered glass.
- It has minor shaking, making it the perfect hoop for intense backyard games.
- This hoop can withstand heavy pounding and dunking.
- It is easy to assemble.
- The height is easily adjustable.
- Slightly costlier more than the other hoops.
- Easy installation but it takes a long time to install.
- The hoop requires a lot of ground space besides the deep hole to root it down.
Spalding H-Frame In-Ground Basketball System
This hoop features a 60 by 38 inches’ steel framed 3/8 inch tempered that is perfect for rebounds. It also features an adjustable height of between 7 feet to 10 feet so that it can be used by both adults and teens. It is also easy to assemble.
- 1 x 2-inch steel frame backboard with extruded aluminum rim
- 3/8-inch thick board for better rebounds
- Arena View backstop with four corner, Z-arm mounts
- H frame board bracket for improved stability
- Competition style breakaway rim with flex action
- Positive lock breakaway rim and heavy duty make it easy for aggressive dunking and play
- While most of the other systems allow a minimal height of 7.5, the Spalding H-Frame allows for 7 feet, making it convenient for kids.
- Solid goalpost
- The high-quality backboard makes this loop durable.
- Extremely pricey
- This backboard is pretty heavy, and installation could be quite tricky.
Spalding “888” Series In-Ground Basketball System
This in-ground basketball hoop features a steel frame that is 72 inches by 42 inches, and a 3/8-inch glass backboard that is made of tempered glass, excellent for rebounds. The basketball system also features an adjustable height of between 7 feet to 10 feet, and due to the J-bolt, its easily adjustable to anyone. This is the perfect hoop for intense play since it comes with a heavy-duty NBA pole pad and flex break-away rim style that comes with the system.
- The heavy-duty pole pad assures the players of safe play
- Minimal vibration
- Looks nice wherever it may be
- The 24” deep hole that the manufacturers recommend isn’t very stable, and it would be better do add on an extra 6”.
- It is too heavy and requires at least 3 people when installing the system.
- Extremely pricey.
Silverback 54″ In-Ground Basketball System
This is a long lasting hoop that comes with a 54 by 33-inch backboard with a 4.8mm tempered glass and aluminum frame. The height is also adjustable between 7.5 feet and 10 feet for both young and old. The hoop features a squared base, and it comes coated with Dupont powder that keeps away rust and keeps the hoop shiny. It also features a soft cushion created by the pole pad and backboard to minimize injury, while a 2.5 feet overhang ensures that you can play underneath the hoop without the risk of crashing into the pole.
- This is the perfect system for those on a budget, based on the benefits.
- The anchor system makes it easy to install.
- People can defend underneath the goalpost during competitive play due to the overhang.
- It shakes when the ball hits the backboard.
- It’s not as pro a basketball system as some of the others.
Goalsetter Captain In-ground Adjustable System
Coming with a glass backboard that is 38 by 60 inch, consisting of 3/8 inch fully tempered glass with the H-Frame design, this basketball hoop also comes with an adjustable height of between 6 feet to 10 feet, perfect for young and old as well as indoor experience. An anchor hinge system provides complete assembly and optimal stability.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty subject to proper installation.
- Ideal for all ages.
- Easy to assemble due to the ground anchor hinge system.
- The four feet overhang offers a good clearance between the rim and the pole to do reverse layups.
- The 6-inch pole thickness is likely to take a lot of ground space.
As you have read above, you might want to think twice before giving up that glass of red wine, or bottle of beer, because combined with sports like basketball, it could have more benefits than you had anticipated.